Saturday, April 10, 2010

Culinary Arts!

I had a meeting with the Culinary Arts program director at my CC. It was SO fun, interesting and felt SO right. How awesome, right?

Well, anyway we planned out my whole schedule. This summer I'm taking Cake decorating and Candy Making class (5 weeks, 1 day a week)! The way the program is set up is its two days a week 8-440 those days. 1 day is lecture classes (I'll have 3 during the fall) then the second day is your lab course. I'll have 3 of those during the fall too and they last 5 weeks each. The first one is Bakery and Pastry production! It is the one I am MOST EXCITED FOR! Then Hot foods and then Garde Manger which is like..cold foods. Im really happy with the way they set up the program, it just makes sense. BUT its going to make it so I might not be able to keep my nanny job. We'll see though.

OH AND I have to wear a Toque, jacket, apron and those big baggy checkered pants like a real chef! haha I think i'll feel silly but eh it'll be kind of neat too! **tried to find a picture but nothing looked right, oh well!**

I am so EXCITED to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment