Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh baby,

Why do you scare me so?

Yesterday I had to get lab work done AND do a glucose tolerance test for GESTATIONAL diabetes, Mind you I'm only around 8 weeks pregnant! Diabetes runs VERY...strongly(?) in my family so my doctor wants to the test already just to be sure. Anyway, we'll see how that went soon.

On to the scare.

I woke up to go potty (like I do Oh at least 2-3 times a night) and got this HORRIBLE, AWFUL unexpected pain in the lower left part of my abdomen. It hurt so badly that I doubled over in pain, got extremely nauseous, went white, and started sweating. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever felt (which also made me HIGHLY doubt I will be successful with the "natural" birth I have been leaning toward). When I could talk I called Josh for a bowl to toss my cookies in, although I was able to hold it in. After a couple minutes I was able to get up and started to feel better. Later I called the On-call nurse and she said because my body is changing so much for my baby it could very well have been

extreme gas pains.

Can you believe that? Pregnancy is CRAZY.

I've been fine since then (No cramping and no blood). Still crappy feeling because well..I'm pregnant and my beautiful little baby is sucking all my energy and health BUT that is A okay with me! They can have it all :)

btw-I CANNOT wait for my next appt. October cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. "natural" huh? You are more brave than I am. I have had epidurals with all 3 boys...they are marvelous. I think that I could probably do it if I wanted to, but I don't :) Good luck. Whatever you guys decide will be right for you. Don't let anyone belittle you for choosing either way, it's YOUR baby not theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I do not miss that first trimester of being pregnant! It's such a crazy time. And yeah, gas pains are terrible. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete