Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Birthday and Christmas!

For my 21st birthday my hubby took me out to dinner! We went to carrabas and it was pretty delicious, i think i still like my olive garden better but it was super good nonetheless :) We had a wonderful time. I love to be able to get away and just spend time with my love.

This is Josh and I on the home from Carraba's when I was realized we hadn't taken any pictures. He was driving, well we were stopped at a light but he was like OH NO, i think its illegal to use a camera with flash in a car...???? what?? Oh Josh :)

These are the beautiful flowers Josh tried to hide in my stocking :) it didnt work too well so we put them in water on Christmas Eve!

Christmas came really fast this year. We knew we weren't going to be able to spend it with family, at least physically, so we made some plans of our own! We woke up in the morning, opened some presents from our family and the stockings we filled for each other, we then chatted a little with joshs family, got ready, then talked to Josh's family again so that we could kind of hear and talk to his sister Brittany who is in Argentina serving a mission for our church. Then I started cooking all our yummy food and we got to skype with my family in Antelope. It was pretty neat to be able to show my mom what i was cooking and get her help with the ham :)

SKYPE is AWESOME!

I showed my family the cake i made

My mom then asked how I made the cake, when I made the cake and if I used anything "new" to make it... I then had to confess that I used the new
KITCHEN AID!!!

that my parents got Josh and I for Christmas. :) She wasn't surprised though! :)

This is our spread! Porcupine delicious ham, apple pie, strawberry cream pound cake, delicious fresh green beans sauteed with bacon and garlic, and homemade mashed potatoes! Dinner turned out really well, i feel a little more grown up now that I've cooked a holiday dinner (although I'm sure once I'm cooking for more the just Josh and I, I'll feel even older! )
What a man! I thought i should document Josh doing the honors of cutting the ham!

Our couple picture at the dinner table!
And another couple picture when we went to go see Christmas Lights!


This was probably my favorite house in Winterhaven. Its was SO cute, they actually made the front of their house look like a gingerbread house!
And that was our Christmas, we read Luke 2 and did a couple more low key things during the day, all in all it was wonderful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment