Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day

The Sunday after Michael was born was my first Mother's Day.


It was amazing.


My wonderful husband made me breakfast in bed and a very sweet card.


He also gave me a very sweet necklace. It is 1 white gold heart and 1 blue sapphire heart because now that I'm a mother my heart is on the outside. It was such a great, touching gift and I know Josh tried very hard to make it special for me and he did a great job!




I am so grateful to my husband for celebrating my becoming a mother and cannot wait to celebrate his becoming a father in June, because he truly is the best!



This Mother's day was so different to me, not only because I am finally a mother but because I finally understand the love my mother has for me. The whole day (the past two weeks really) I was completely bewildered by the realization that my Mother loved and loves me as much as I love Michael. I've always known my mother loved me, would do anything for me but I didn't understand what that truly meant. I am so grateful to my mother for being an amazing woman, for raising me (and putting up with me), for working hard so that I could have everything I needed (and most of what I wanted) and for loving me more than I ever knew. I have an amazing mother and I hope I can be everything she was for me for my own son.


I am also grateful this Mother's day for my Mother in law. For those who don't know, my husband is an amazing man. He works so hard, treats me so well, and is an amazing dad and I believe a lot of that is because of his Mother. She is very involved in our lives even though she is MANY miles away (not for long though!) and goes out of her way to make sure that Josh and I know she loves us. I am grateful for her example of complete devotion to her children. She is truly an amazing woman.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful necklace! I'm glad you had a wonderful mothers day with your sweet boys :)

    ReplyDelete