Monday, January 30, 2012

It's the little things...

Like making Michael pancakes with applesauce and watching him devour them and when he finally looks up and sees me watching him he gives me the biggest, mouth fulliest grin :) and it melts my heart. 

I'm grateful that I am able to stay home and take care of my baby [and my bigger baby ;)]

And I am grateful that I am well.  That I felt good enough this morning at 6:30 am when Michael tells me he's ready to get out of bed, to scoop him up and get on the floor and play with him.

I'm grateful for the simplicity of life right now, even though sometimes, it doesn't feel so simple.  I love that, sometimes, and only sometimes, I get glimpses of the big picture and I can remember that being a little late, or staying up a little longer won't matter..even tomorrow. 

I want to be better at remembering who is important and what is important. 
I need to make time for the things that matter and cut time from the things that are wasteful.
I will.
It's the small things that make a big difference sometimes...

like seeing two babies on an ultrasound screen, right?
One and two are not that far apart? right?
So it's not really a big thing now, but i think in a couple months it's probably going to make a big difference?

Baby A and B, fraternal twins due August 26th 2012


Michael opening his "brother" shirt on Christmas morning for the family to see

If you want to read about our reactions go here http://www.tomydearbabies.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! Congratulations x2!! I am laughing right now because just last night I was telling Greg that it seems like everyone I know is having twins. Now I can add you to the long list of people I know who either just had or are pregnant with twins. Let me know if you need anything in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! CONGRATS! Do twins run in your family? You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Hilary, i don't know anyone else having them! Anyone I know?! lol And Melissa, I guess my grandma has sisters who had twins..or her cousins or something but thats all I know of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You'll do fine. Enjoy it, one day the craziness will be over...then you can sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! i am so excited for you! when do you find out what they are!?

      Delete
  5. Im hoping around 15 weeks because i'll get ultrasounds every couple weeks but they'll confirm around 18-20 weeks!

    ReplyDelete