Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1 WHOLE YEAR!

The sizes are all screwed up, sorry, but i give up on trying to change them!

Josh and I have been married for one whole year as of Sunday! :) SO exciting! We decided not to do presents this year because we are trying to save for a down payment on a house by APRIL :) (anyway thats another story!) It was my turn to plan because Josh planned for our 6 month anniversary, which we celebrate bigger because its hard to celebrate big with my birthday (btw Im 21 now, happy birthday to me!) and Christmas with in the week of our anniversary.

I wanted to plan something super fun for Josh that he would really enjoy and that we wouldnt always necessarily spend money on. Well after searching online for quite a while I FINALLY found what I was looking for!!

An Indoor Shooting Range
(where we got a discount because he is law enforcement and where we could rent 2 of the guns we were thinking about buying! SWEET!)

So I was going to try and suprise Josh on Friday and just go with out him knowing we were going

BUT

I cannot just take his gun...duh, we had no ammo and I didnt even know if I could buy it, and I needed him to bring the eye wear and ear plug things..as you can see I had multiple problems to overcome.

So I did, Thursday night we were laying in bed and I said, "you wanna know what we're doing tomorrow?" He said, "sure." me, "Do you really wanna know?" him, "yeah." me, "Ok we're going to an indoor shooting range! I found one!" him, "sweet, I knew it!" with a cute little smirk on his face! What a punk. I then went on to ramble about how I couldnt do it with out telling him.

We slept in, something he rarely gets to do, and then left for the shooting range, it was kind of hard to find tucked away in a corner so we passed it once. Once we found it we could hear the gun shots from out side and I got REALLY nervous.

(I havent shot a gun since i was like 14 at girls camp and basically can't even remember it!)

But i went in none the less. We got to the counter and I expected Josh to take over but he did not say a word! Ah, I dont know what to say. So the guy comes up and the conversation goes something like this:

(also if you can picture this the guy definitely looks like a retired scuffy cop and everyone in the store working has at least one gun on their hip)

Guy: Hey, what can I do for you guys?
me: silence
Josh: silence
silence
me: uh uh uh we want to shoot guns.
silence.
Uh, we need ammo too though, and we want to rent guns to shoot too. And my husband has a gun too. uh, yeah. Oh and dont you have classes? I want to sign up for the womens basic hand gun class.

Guy: OK, um well wait do you guys have a gun?
me: yes (i said that right? haha hadnt quite realized that i completely rambled and mumbled so everything would have to be repeated)
Then we get on to papers and buying stuff. Anyway, it was...a good experience??

We walked into the area where the shooting lanes are. We pick our lane and then all of a sudden

BOOM!

I jumped so high, my head hit the ceiling. (not really). but I felt SO dumb, of course there is going to be loud booms, im at a shooting range. DUH. I got used to it.

Josh has a glock 22 that is his duty gun and we want to get one that can stay in the house for me and one that will be concealed. So we tried a glock 27 for the concealed one because its smaller but shoots the same size bullet as the 22. It was pretty good. It has a good amount of kick but so does the 22. Then we tried the glock 21 and it uses size 45 bullets which dont seem that much bigger but LOOK so much bigger than the 40. That was my favorite gun, it scared me at first because it makes a much louder boom and you actually see the fire coming oout when you shoot! CRAZY! but AWESOME!

Anyway so we shot for a couple hours, had an awesome time. Josh loved it and he is SO good :) It was pretty hot to watch my hubby shoot a gun! Oh baby :)

Then that night we went and saw Have you Heard about the Morgans?
We had free tickets thanks to Kamry and Tyler! It was a pretty good movie, a lot better than I expected and pretty funny! Josh had to remind me there were other people in the theater, im kind of an all out laugher, just really loud :)

Then Saturday Josh went and did Shop with a Cop where he got to take little kids and their families around a target here and shop with them and let them pick out $100 worth of toys :) So cute, while he was there i was making cupcakes for our Happy Birthay Jesus party we were throwing for our CTR 5 class.

Then the rest of the day we were sick. icky. Didnt do anything, go out of the house, we barely moved. It was like some kind of crazy cold that knocked us out until Monday. So basically the rest of our "anniversary weekend" consisted of sleeping and laying in bed. I did make us a nice dinner on Sunday, Filet mignon, yummy corn, and stuffed baked potatoes. It was a good weekend even though we were sick!


Happy Anniversary Baby!!
We called it a sickiversary all weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment