Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post baby

My dearest baby boy is 7 weeks old which means I am 7 weeks postpartum and trying to work on my body/fitness! I don't want my old body back...I want it to be better!




Before getting pregnant I lost about 30 lbs, which was fantastic and HARD.




I gained all of that PLUS some during my pregnancy...most in the last 2 weeks




Here's a little reminder of what I looked like. 40 weeks 3 days pregnant. HUGE.



As of yesterday (or today? I can't remember when I weighed myself!) I am officially at my prepregnancy weight. I lost all but 3-4 lbs in the first two weeks post baby, but those couple lbs were STUBBORN!




Even though I am at my prepregnancy weight my body does not feel the same.




I guess I am pretty close looking to my 7 week pregnant picture. still a little baby bump left.



At my 6 week check up I got the okay to start exercising and "dieting," but because I am still nursing dieting is a little different. I have to make sure to get my calories in and to drink TONS of water, even more than normal and for those of you that know me, you know I bring a bottle with me everywhere. I'm usually very hydrated. :)



Anyway, I've been working out every day using Lindsay Brin's 60 day slimdown dvds (postnatal boot camp and others!) They are AWESOME. I am SO sore all of the time, a good sore, the kind of sore that makes you feel like you really worked hard!



I've also been for the most part doing the beginning of the south beach diet. Which means no carbs (even fruit in the beginning!) or crap. Its been somewhat hard but it feels good to get rid of all my awful sugary snacky cravings.



I'll start reintroducing carbs into my diet soon, but the right amounts :)



My long term goal is to lose 40 lbs and to feel good about my body!



Wish me luck! (not that it will take luck..wish me work?)

No comments:

Post a Comment