Saturday, October 24, 2009

Because I want my hair done :)

Last Summer, right before Josh and I got engaged I lost about 15 pounds, its not a lot but I was feeling pretty good in my skin, ya know? I was comfortable with my body. Well around October of last year I started on birth control and started gaining weight. Im not going to blame my massive weight gain on birth control, although I think it was part of the reason I gained so much. From October ish to May of this year I gained about 40 pounds, yeah, not good. SO i gained back the 15 plus MORE. ick. Since getting off of birth control I have maintained weight (better than gaining right?) However, I really want to lose weight. It's an easy feat for some, however, for me its not. I get discouraged, i like food, it takes too long. The list could go on and on. However, there will be no list this time. I am going to do it even if it takes forever (and i guess technically it will take forever because im going to make a lifestyle change, just hopefully not forever to lose the weight i gained!), I will be healthy and I will exercise. [I feel like if I say it to people (ok, not really people just on a blog that anyone may or may not read) I will be held more accountable, hence why im stating it here.]

I have many motivations for this:

health in general (the whole not dying too young thing is pretty appealing to me.)

My husband. I want to look good next to him. My husband is a pretty thin guy, i feel like a big blob next to him, it would be nice not to feel that way :) Also, although he tells me Im beautiful and trust me there is still attraction, romance, and passion :) between us, I want to look hot for him too :)

My future children. I want to be a mom that can play, run, and show her kids how to live a healthy life.

Also getting pregnant in general is easier/more likely if you are healthy. (also having a cute baby bump would be nice, so that people could actually tell that im pregnant when i get there lol)

Playing sports. I want to always have the ability to get down and dirty on the softball field (or any field for that matter. Im pretty competetive)

Feeling good about myself. This one is really important. All the others are too, but this one will help all the others. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see, or at least be satisfied with it and know that I am healthy. I honestly am not going to try and be "skinny." I never have been and never will be skinny, its just not for me, but I CAN be healthy.

And my most inconsequential but very motivating reward is I want to get my hair done! :) Josh and I agreed that once i get started on this, I can get my hair done. Most likely when I lose about 10 pounds...however long that may be...

Im excited and Im going to read this post every time I feel discouraged!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for motivating me! You can do it, keep us updated along the way, and I want to see your cute hair when you get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to lose weight and I get stuck on the motivation thing :( Maybe I should pick an award for myself like you and help push myself...at one point my sister told me that everytime I go down a clothing size she would buy me something new, I like that idea (especially since I always seem to think that the award has to be food related). You are awesome Chantell (and beautiful on the inside AND out) and I know that you can do it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks everybody! :) I'll let you know how it goes! And trust me I really want my hair done so im hoping the first ten get off fast :)

    ReplyDelete