Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving



My friend Beth posted this video on her blog. I watched it and it really touched my heart. This year has been one of the most life-changing I have ever experienced. Its been the hardest yet most amazing year of my life. I feel like I have grown so much (and still have a long way to go!) through the adversity that has been laid before Josh and I. Not only have we grown together as a couple but we've grown in probably every aspect of our lives. Its been a really tough year financially, emotionally, future-ly (i dont know a word that i could use to describe the tough decisions we have had to make regarding our future so thats what im going with), but I am SO grateful for everything that we have experienced.

We moved away from everything we knew and were comfortable with because we felt that it was what our Heavenly Father wanted for us. I think it was probably one of the hardest decisions (if not the hardest) i've ever had to make when I let go of my fears of moving and Josh becoming a law enforcement officer and let the spirit guide us. We didn't know whether Josh would get the Job with police department but we did know that either way we were supposed to move to tucson. Its been a good experience, tough and stressful, but so good. We have both grown because of it. And if it weren't for our Heavenly Father, family, and friends, I dont know how we would have made it. I am so grateful for our families, they both show us such love and support and always know when we need them, whether we ask or not. I am also so grateful for Temples. We can help others by going to the temple but also help ourselves. The spirit is strong in them, I can truly feel my Heavenly Father with me when we enter into any temple. Answers can come so strong inside the temple, We can receive revelation from our Father in Heaven and I am so grateful that we have the spirit to testify to us of the things we need to do. I know I would be completely lost if I did not have the spirit to guide me.

We have been blessed by Josh being hired in a completely awful market to a job that will provide for us. I am grateful for his job and his willingness to serve our community and even though i complain about the academy, i truly am grateful that he's there and that he is learning so much. I would not want him out on the streets with out the knowledge that he has gained through the teachers and experiences at the academy. I am grateful for our apartment, even tho its small, it's so cheap and was perfect for us because even when we didnt have an income we could still make rent. I am so grateful for the gospel, for church every Sunday, and now especially for Primary. I wish I had the opportunity to go when I was a child and am very grateful we are getting to serve in it now so that I can learn songs and the "foundation" of the church and the book of mormon in an easier to understand way. It has been such a blessing to feel the sweet spirit of the little children in Primary. They are so close to our Heavenly Father. I can't wait to have some of our own, to fill our home with Heavenly Father's love. I am in a very grateful "mood" right now and Im going to try and make it last :)



We leave for Disneyland tomorrow night, I am so excited and grateful to be going and to get to visit some family for the holidays :) Life is good.

I posted it twice, sorry. Now you can watch it twice, in two different places, its THAT good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment