Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend!

Saturday night Josh and I went on a wonderfully fun date to PF Changs for his birthday. We asked for a table outside so we were seated super fast and the weather was PERFECT out there, thank you Arizona! (btw for anyone not here in AZ its still been in the 80's and even the 90's last week!) We got this great dinner for two where we could get a whole 4 course meal for a good price :) It was Josh's first time at PF Changs and he liked it a lot! It was a nice romantic evening and so great to just relax, talk, and not be preoccupied with everything going on at the academy. Its funny because we always talk about how every day is a date or FHE because its just us two all of the time but i think this weekend I realized its really not, we still need to take the time to get away from normal life. We're definitely going to be trying harder to have dates that let us relax :)

Josh and I were called to be Primary Teachers for the CTR 5 class :) Yesterday was our first time in the classroom :) We team teach with another couple because the class has a hard time with reverence. haha Of course they're 5! Anyway, it was super fun and we are teaching the lesson next week about how in serving others we serve Christ. I'm so excited to learn all the fun songs and lessons because I never got to be in primary and I've always felt that i was missing out on all the songs and memorization that people would refer to, Im so excited for this opportunity to learn and teach, plus the kids are super cute!!

Also yesterday, Josh and I went over to Kamry and Tyler's to play games with them and 2 other couples, Alyssa and Briggs and Elna and Michael. It was tons of fun, we love scene it and turbo cranium. It also gave me an excuse to make more twinkies :) with my new twinkie pan. I found a recipe for some cream similar to what usually goes in real twinkies. I made chocolate twinkies half with peanut butter filling and half with the cream. They turned out pretty yummy, I think they are more fun to make than to eat though!! Kamry also made some yummy Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are SOOOO good :) mmmm. And Elna and Michael brought some candy, all in all it was a pretty good sugar buzz...hahahaha

1 comment: