Thursday, November 12, 2009

Where has chivalry gone?

Maybe it's because I got used to Provo, or because I expect my husband to be chivalrous, not just towards me but towards anyone we come in contact with, but it seems as if chivalry has pretty much disappeared.

Today after grocery shopping for groceries for the rest of the month (Thats a pretty good amount), I came home parked the car and there were two guys just chatting in the parking lot. I had to park on the other side of the parking lot, lug my groceries across and then up the stairs to our apartment.

They just watched.
Why would they just watch me make multiple trips to and from my car without bothering to help?

Boy do i miss Provo (sometimes), my husband (always), and days that I wasn't even alive for back when people helped each other just because it was a nice thing to do (how can i miss them? not sure, but movies and grandma stories sure make it sound nice)



Just an FYI, im not mad, its normal now i guess, just thought i would blog about it.

4 comments:

  1. How rude! Was it the same people who 4 wheel across the grass to beat you to the parking spot? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no, different people! lol but yes it was pretty rude..well weird at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so rude! Even California is better than that. I would have helped you Chantell! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thanks lisa :) hopefully its just them and the whole world or AZ isnt like that :)

    ReplyDelete