Monday, December 6, 2010

Movement

At 18 weeks (last night) December 5th 2010 (for documenting purposes) I am pretty sure (semi, kind of, almost?) that I felt our baby move.

I was laying on our game room couch watching Percy Jackson and the Olympians with Josh and half looking on the computer, kind of curled/squished with my knees bent and I felt TWO little...bumps? in my middle lower abdomen... then as I was getting up I felt one more. It was kind of like a little push, tap, something BUT i'm pretty sure it was my little monkey!

It was so excited because I have been WAITING for this to happen. I stayed up later last night than I have in a LONG time. I rarely stay up past...9 or 9:30 (this baby takes a lot of energy ;) ) and last night I stayed up until 11 ish and I think I felt him around 10:30-10:45 so maybe he's just a night owl!

I love this baby so much. He consumes all of my thoughts (and all of my energy!) but I would give everything for him! We tried for such a long time (at least to us, some people have much harder trials than we did and my heart goes out to you, it truly does) to create this beautiful baby. I hope he always knows he was wanted and that we could not be happier to share our lives with him. We are grateful to be so blessed to take care of a son of our Heavenly Father and to be blessed by his spirit. This baby has already had a positive impact on my life (and on Josh's as well). I want to be better because of him. I want to know more about the gospel and about everything so I can teach him. I want to do more so I can be an example to him. I just want to be a better person so I can be a better Wife to my husband and Mother to our "soon to be born" son.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you've felt the baby move! I loved it when I finally felt our baby girl the first time. I wasn't quite sure if I was making it up or not. I remember I was on campus sitting on the floor kind of hunched over working on homework and then all of a sudden I felt a bump inside-it kind of felt like butterflies in my stomach. I guess baby Alli didn't like me squishing her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of times babies move more because when you are moving during the day it kind of rocks the baby asleep. When you lay down to sleep your body is calm and not moving so then the baby will wake up and want to move :D
    That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you and excited to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete